Sunday, December 21, 2008

Carnivore

Once camp was over and the end of the immersion was upon us, we had our celebration dinner at Carnivore Restaurant on Saturday night. It is a highly popular place, the venue is enormous, the building and decor is Safari style. The waiters dressed in in their matching Safari outfits constantly come to the table and slice the meat straight off huge metal skewers with a machete on to your hot plate. On the menu was chicken liver, chicken gizzards, ostrich meat balls, the list goes on... it is possible on some occasions to be offered elephant, giraffe and zebra... so I was told. I was amazed, fascinated and really impressed with the place... even though I am vegetarian. There are alternatives for us leaf eaters... however as my motto goes 'When in Africa...' inspired me to taste the tiniest sample of crocodile which tasted like fish. So if you are planning on visiting Kenya, I would highly recommend dropping in to Carnivore!

Kellee

No comments: